Saturday, August 2, 2008

New Air Compressor!


We have a new addition to the garage. I got a spanking new Porter Cable 60gal / 7 hp / 135 psi / 12.1 cfm @ 40psi / 9.7 cfm @ 90psi - air compressor!

The new air compressor will be a welcome addition to the OC-3 Restoration project. It was very apparent that the little craftsman compressor wasn't up for the job of needle scaling and sandblasting an entire OC-3.

I have a bit of work to do before I can put the new Porter Cable to work. I need to bolt it to the floor, route a 240V - 20 amp circuit out to the garage, wire it up, install a shut-off valve, and snap on a regulator/filter/oilier.

After the prep work, I should have ample pressure, ample CFM, and plenty of capacity. And, it will all be happening in the relative quiet that comes from an oil lubricated, twin cylinder. In stark contrast to the earth shaking racket of the oil-free craftsman.

Oh, and in an attempt to generate more blog readership. . .another picture of the Porter Cable with cute kids welcoming it to the garage.

3 comments:

Lin50 said...

that is on heck of an air compressor. Cute kids too. MOM

kebj said...

I see you don't have room for the chest of drawers now. EPW says "bigger is always better" (hence the truck).

Unknown said...

Wow, the kids are getting big! Oh and nice compressor, I'll stop by next time I have low tire pressure.