Monday, June 25, 2007

Fathers Day!

I distinctly remember when the OC-3 came home that I was on gift probation until at least Christmas. My wonderful wife and kids surprised me with a 20 gallon parts washer. Let me tell you it is a welcome addition to the garage at this time. I have plenty of greasy parts that need some washing.



Parts washing has changed a bit over the years. Today you can't find a solvent based washer at Fleet Farm. They only carry a detergent based solution that, counter to logic, is diluted on a 1:1 bases with water? It is green, smells good, and is "mild and easy on your hands". It worked rather well and I did about 4 hours of washing on Father Day afternoon. Note to self: Buy some rubber gloves. Apparently, "mild and easy on your hands" does not apply after 4 hours. My hands were peeling like a snake for the next three days.


Here are some pictures of some newly washed parts all laid out nice and neat on the work bench.


No comments: