Thursday, June 7, 2007

It had to be Done. . .

It had to be done. I think it was a combination of things. I think it was partly due to the fact that the parts were sprawling into the second garage stall. It may have been partly due to the fact that I was constantly looking for, or tripping over misplaced tools. It may have had something to do with the need to pile the kids bikes on top of concrete blocks and track frames at the end of the night. It may have been a natural break in the project. Lastly, it may have had something to do with seeing Mike & Jim's shop (my parts source). Although the shop was spacious and they had nice toys - they have let tool and part sprawl take over their shop.

It had to be done. I cleaned up the garage. I got the snowmobile trailer out with the Craftsman Garden tractor and backed up to the garage. I rolled up both tracks and pushed them onto the the trailer. I got about 1/3 of the way up the tilt bed and I couldn't push them anymore. Oh crap now what? I not so gracefully flopped them over on their sides. I muscled the track frames up on the trailer. The sprockets were thrown on and the extra concrete blocks too. The trailer had a pretty good squat going on. . .I'm guessing 1000-1200 lbs. I got all of this stuff tucked away in the back of the shed for the time being.


THEN, I picked up tools and swept up a ton of dirt, grease, and floor dry. I think it looks much better. The last picture is a before view from a couple weeks ago.

1 comment:

Jbird said...

Thanks for cleaning!!!!